The Flare is an athletic shoe by Drew. This shoe is a great for people with bunions as the mesh inserts provide extra give reducing the pressure at the bunion area. The rocker sole is often commented on at the assessment and fitting, being described as the roll. A rocker bottom soled shoe is particularly helpful for people with arthritic or mid foot pain and those with fused toes or ankles.
The Flare athletic shoe:
- Comes with 2 inserts for added depth and / or cushioning
- Has linings and top covers aimed to reduce foot odor
- Has tri-support insole with a built-in cushion pad
- Has a rocker sole with a wide shank
- Has a durable rubber outsole with an EVA midsole
- Has a steel shank which gives added support to the shoe
- Has an extended medial heel counter giving further support to the fee medially
- Has soft foam padded tongue and collar
- There is an all leather model with laces or velcro closing. The Motion (laced) and the Motion V (velcro) by Drew are available in black and white.