The Surge athletic looking shoe by Drew looks very smart, particularly in the grey and is so comfortable to wear. The sizing is very generous, with the leather/nubuck/mesh combination providing more give in the wearing. People who have not worn a rocker sole previously often comment on the roll of the shoe which reduces pain in the forefoot and adds to the comfort in wearing.
The Surge athletic shoe:
- Comes with 2 inserts for added depth and / or cushioning
- Has linings and top covers aimed to reduce foot odor
- Has a rocker bottom with wide steel shank and built in heel cushion pad
- Has a durable rubber outsole and EVA mid sole
- Has an extended medial heel counter providing additional support to the foot medially
- Has a soft foam padded tongue and collar.
- The Surge is approved for Department of Veteran Affairs clients, if eligible.
- There are leather options to the Surge with the Force and Force V models by Drew. These are available in black and white leather only
Suitable For People With
A person’s choice of footwear is influenced by foot health, personal preference and price. At Happy Feet Pedorthics, following the assessment and fitting we encourage what is best for the client’s foot health. Sometimes client choice is for a shoe which is not our first recommendation. At Happy Feet Pedorthics we advocate for best choices and we also respect client choice. The list below indicates our experience of fitting people with varying health issues in the Surge shoe by Drew.
- Achilles Pain
- Flat Feet
- Pedorthic Modifications
- High Arches
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Corns & Callous
- Limited/no Range of Motion
- Falls & Balance Risk
- Plantar Fasciitis
- And more health conditions